Get the Facebook Share Widget widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)

Friday 31 December 2010

Production Budget - Hypothetical

I researched for what would be a realistic number for the budget of a 3 minute short but couldn't find any numbers specifically for that.

I found this blog (Asterisks Animation) that explained what costs would occur for an animation studio from pre-production to post-production. This is what kind of costs I figured out that I would have to face for my 3 minute short. I could not find out the important costs such as fees for the basic jobs(directors, producers, illustrators, storyboard artists, animators, etc.) so I did not put any numbers down. I found it hard to put my finger on specific numbers because they varied a lot depending on experience, skill, what you are prepared to offer, and who is prepared to work for what your prepared to offer, and that depends on the quality you are asking, or even how much personnel you'll need for each task.



No comments: